The news media are awash with reports of companies having their information assets compromised and valuable information being stolen. The current international scandal, the Panama papers, is one of such cases in which highly confidential information stored on hard drives were leaked to journalists. While the international public feasts on the revelations contained in the leaked documents, few people consider the fate of the organization.
Cybercrime refers to any illegal act perpetuated through or involving or involving the use of a computing device. The computer may be the target or part of the tools used in committing the crime.
Cybersecurity also referred to as information security focuses processes, technologies, and techniques engaged to protect information assets, computing devices network and other related infrastructure.
Organizations all over the world have realized that information is the new golf, hence the need to guard their information is the new gold, hence the need to guard their asset against external and internal threats which underscores the importance of this course.
This course will provide a solid understanding of the concepts involved without the assumption of expert knowledge from participants. Current issues will be discussed and analyzed. Laws relating to cybercrime and cybersecurity will also be examined. Participants will be given an overview of available cybersecurity tools.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Have a clear understanding of cybercrime and cybersecurity.
- Make their organization proactive in identifying cyber-security issues.
- Identify steps that can be taken to plug loopholes.
- Introduction to cyber-crime and cyber-security.
- Concepts and general overview of cyber-security.
- Contemporary issues on cyber-crime and cyber-security.
- Laws relating to cybercrime cyber-security tools.
- Overview of available cyber-security security tools.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Chief information officers (CIOs) information security personnel, network security personnel, management staff.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 80 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 45
- Assessments Yes